- 500g Couverture chocolate chopped (we use Valrhona)
- Fresh As Raspberry Whole, Pineapple Chunks, Lychee Whole and Mandarin Segments
- Place pot of water onto simmer.
- In a glass or metal bowl, place 2/3 chopped chocolate and gently melt over the water. Don’t allow the bottom of the bowl to touch the water.
- Using an accurate thermometer, warm the chocolate to 50°C, stirring regularly until completely melted.
- Remove from heat. Add the remaining chocolate and stir vigorously until all the chocolate has cooled. It should sit between 31°C and 32°C.
- Your chocolate should now be in temper. Using the pot of water to keep the temperature at this level (31°-32°C), dip the Fresh As freeze-dried fruit into the chocolate using a pair of tweezers.
- Shake off excess chocolate and place on a tray lined with grease- proof paper.
- Leave to set in a cool dry area.
N.B. Tempered Chocolate creates a glossy finish to the chocolate.
For a simpler version of this recipe, simply melt chocolate and dip fruit as per recipe.